Monday 10 May 2010

Snail Update #1

Nicky and Dovitz have been living in their tank with me now for just under a month. Their normal daily activity comprises of: lying burried in their compost and not moving. Not the most exciting of pets...

However today both snails decided to go for a wander.



Dovitz (usually the more timid of the two) did a full floor to ceiling to floor again loop before eating some tomato and doing a good impression of a head stand! (unfortunately no pics)

Nicky
briefly wandered over to the tomato...then burried himself again (see the pic of Nicky going all stretchy stretchy to reach his meal)

4 comments:

  1. What type of tank do you live in Bob?


    Eeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goram it! Must learn to word things better!! Nicky and Dovitz have a small tank at the moment, keep watching updates for when they move to super giant massive tank! (Then there may be room for me to live with them!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that my first thought was identical to Millie's. Fortunately, she wrote it first which means I don't have to seem sarcastic by writing it myself :-)

    I have to say that snails aren't the sort of pet I'd choose for myself. On the other hand, they do seem fairly low maintenance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fairy low maintenance is great for me atm, also they can live in the office (I'm not allowed pets at home:( ) The problem is...they aren't exactly cuddleable:( I miss my cats!

    On the plus side they are lovely and slimy:)

    ReplyDelete