Wednesday 3 November 2010

Bob's odd holiday

Yes I know I’ve not written anything here in ages. No I didn’t die; scarily I’ve actually been doing work! (Shock horror!) Then I finally got my summer holiday…at the end of October…so not so summery then. It was brilliant though. 10 days of doing nothing! (and making corrections to my second year report :( - yes even on holiday I couldn’t completely escape work)

So I was gona blog about the brilliant holiday but…it was mostly brilliant because I didn’t do anything exciting or blog worthy. I mean I saw some odd comedy and sang along to some class holiday entertainment acts, climbed a 9m climbing wall and abseiled back down, and made a voodoo fairy vanish. But other than that it was pretty much just relaxing. I did some knitting, read a few ‘fun new occult mystery novels’, watched prison break (why would someone call their kid Wentworth?) and planned for nano… not exactly blog worthy. But well needed.

I got back home on Monday and almost wished that I could go back and have another 10 day holiday…except there were 3 good things about coming home:

1. Nano has started: national novel writing month, the aim of which is to get 50 000 words worth of fiction written over 30 days (November). I did it last year so I’m having a go again.

2. I missed my snails! I’ve finally rehomed most of the babies I kept so now there’s just Nicky, Dovitz and 2 un-named not quite baby anymore snails waiting to be painted and named. I’ll post about that later me thinks.

3. My Shower!!!!

I feel the shower incident may require a whole post of its own but here goes. So we stayed in a caravan on a lovely camp site/holiday park type place with its own swimming pool and amusements and nightly entertainment (plus prize bingo which I’m reliably informed you have to dress up as a little old lady to win). There were also showers of the usual camp site standard. Always slightly too cold, you can’t move the shower head, pick one without mud walked into it and good luck keeping your clothes dry. So I usually look forward to escaping, but this time it was far worse…
There was a poo in the shower!!!


No not that Pooh, the other kind…ew.

Seriously! I mean it’s not as if the toilets aren’t right next door or anything…freaks. I feel so sorry for whichever cleaner got stuck clearing that up. Ew.

So anyhoo I am back now, back to the snails and nano and my lovely poo-free shower! And maybe back to getting some blogging done as well…although most of my free time may be taken up by blatting out 50 000 words of vaguely coherent fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment