Monday 29 November 2010

Odd Bob's Good News...

So I’ve ‘won’ nano! Woo hoo!

That sounds a lot more impressive than it actually is. All it really means is that I've writtn 50 000 words in under 30 days...It was very impressive but slightly overshadowed by some even bigger good news. News that I probably should have started this post with:

My little sister just got engaged!


(Yes that is her actual ring, innit perty! So shiny...)


I have two younger sisters and I can never remember how old they are! I’ve been getting it wrong all day by telling everyone that the newly engaged (middle) one is 21...actually she’s 20! That may be a little young for engagement you may say, but she’s been talking about settling down and having kids probably since before she was even interested in boys! She was always going to be the first of the three of us to get hitched and the lucky (or maybe unlucky) guy who proposed is perfect for her.

But whilst I knew that she would be the first of us down the aisle...I didn’t think that it would be quite so soon! Since I found out I’ve been sling shotting between ‘woo hoo! That’s brilliant!’ and ‘OMG that’s scary!’ and back again. It got worse when she said that I would have to be a bridesmaid and wear a pink dress!

Now you probably don’t know much about me yet if you’re one of those random people who have stumbled on this blog and decided to have a read...so here’s some quick details:

I hate dresses. I will occasionally dress up on very rare occasions but I prefer trousers if possible and jeans are best. If I ever get married I can so imagine strutting down the aisle in Jane Normal Jeans...Classy.

I’m not overly fond of pink either. The majority of my clothes tend towards the black end of the spectrum with occasional forays into red, blue and purple. There’s some white and grey too of course and I have some amazing turquoise cords...but not so much pink...

And yet she has decided that a pink dress is the way to go.

I’ve decided that if she wants me to wear a pink dress she will need to bride me with a lot of chocolate!

I have also decided that it is her special day so if I have to I would even wear this:


Just don’t tell her that!

4 comments:

  1. You are Grayson Perry and I claim my five pounds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...had to look that one up. How odd that Grayson was on 'have I got news for you' last night (repeated on iplayer) otherwise I would have no idea who that was!

    And, um, no no five pounds for you...sorry. Better luck next time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you got your priorities right: any fool can get married - I was enough of a fool to do it twice - but it's much harder to write 50,000 words in a month.

    Yes, I failed ...

    So congratulations to both you and your sister, but slightly more congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW thanks:) I have to admit that I think I have way too much time on my hands (50k in 30 days!) Now I just need to get on and write the rest of it which is slightly harder without the incentive...

    And as for the engagement...let's hope my sis only has to get married the one time!

    ReplyDelete