Tuesday 21 September 2010

Odd Bob Goes Camping...

Yes last weekend Odd Bob and Lil Miss Millie braved the freezing cold and random showers of rain to go camping! Lil Miss Millie, her cousin and ‘the guys’ turned up on Friday night when unfortunately I could not help with putting up the tent in a minor gale because I obviously had to work. Very unfortunate.


But somehow they managed it. Although I was warned, on arriving the next morning, that the tent might be ‘a little squiffy’! I don’t think the tent was all that bad, although the guy ropes were designed as an assault course of trip wires!


I was also warned that it would be freezing at night! The guys had wimped out and decided to sleep in the car and the cousin had been up at 5am, shivering too much to sleep, and gone for a hot shower to warm up! At least there wasn’t a queue at that time.


Then it rained! Luckily we had a nice little marquee to hide under with our Pimms and BBQ! Got mildly smoked out but other than that it was perfect. And not as cold that night as I’d been expecting. In fact I think everyone slept better (although for Lil Miss Millie this may have been down to the multiple layers, hat, gloves, 2 sleeping bags, and a double duvet!) I would have slept perfectly were it not for the poor lost drunk in the barbed wire fence!


Was just about to nod off when this tiny, pathetic voice starts up: ‘help…help!’ So I reluctantly go to see what’s happened and find a poor lost drunk tangled in the barb wire fence! His face was like a horror movie; half covered in blood! Naturally everyone else was snuggled up in their tents and either failed to hear me calling for help or just ignored me. (I’m told that Lil Miss’ bro and girlfriend did hear and were about to come to my rescue…just as I finally sorted the drunk out and sent him on his way!)


The joys of camping…

No comments:

Post a Comment