Wednesday 15 September 2010

Odd days...

Was a brilliantly odd day yesterday. I faffed around all morning and completely failed to do anything useful other than feeding my bees, did surreptitiously watch strictly come dancing though, and the new guys did a paso just for me:) Then there was the seminar about the guy who threw random critters out of trees (‘ants, lizards, colleagues…’) the serious science was looking at the evolution of flight by studying the gliding behaviour of arboreal species…mostly just sounded like they spent an inordinate amount of time throwing random animals out of trees though.

Then the really exciting part of the day, skip the afternoon faff to head into Nodnol (London for those who haven’t seen Red Dwarf) and meet up with Lil Miss Millie and Mr Ro! Now Millie I know in the real world but Ro I had never met. To me he was just a load of words (admittedly interesting and rather witty words, but words none the less) on a screen. Now it’s like he’s a real person (not that he wasn’t real before, at least I hope he was real before…)

We also saw Emilia Fox (not quite as exciting I know) but she looked so normal, and pregnant, and kinda tired, and very pregnant, and did I mention pregnant? Was rather sureal given we'd just seen her looking not so pregnant in Merlin...


Anyhoo we decided not to go bug her for an autograph or anything annoying like that.

But that was yesterday, today I completely failed to get into work as early as planned, my experimental bees (who were fine when I fed them at 8am) have now decided to keel over and die for no apparent reason, and my snails have eaten through their temporary lid! (They haven’t escaped though, apparently they liked their cosy home and free food more than a life on the run!)

Oh well, could be worse…not quite sure I want to find out how though…

4 comments:

  1. Did I not make it clear? MisterRo is a co-operative of various starving artisans who're attempting to build a new, shared persona to leverage the creative power of the collaborative web. So far with no success.

    Still, the operative that we allowed to represent us yesterday will be pleased that his efforts were acceptable. And we, the co-operative as a whole, are pleased that you like the drivel that we occasionally place online.

    As for the minor tragedy with your pets, I share your pain. Why, oh why, oh why could the snails not have made a run for it while your back was turned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you mean 'we share your pain' and I am seeing you all in little grey robes now going 'poof' every time you accidentally refer to yourself in the first person. May need to stock up on chocolate...

    And yes I am really surprised the little snails didn't make a break for it, but there was a recent 'try it at home' type study trying to determine if snails had homing instincts. Maybe they just prefer to be in a place that they know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So blog people exist in the real world then...ooo.

    Hope your day got better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was an awesome day! & I like the random hottie - Mmmm Arthur!

    ReplyDelete