Monday 21 June 2010

Odd Bob and Lil Miss Millie see the American idiots...

Yeah so on Saturday me and Millie and Hubby (hers not mine, I am so not married!) and birthday girl and birthday girl’s friend (hereafter BG and BGF) wandered down to Wembley Stadium to see Green Day! Woo hoo!!


Although, me being involved, things were not that simple…

So the plan was: Meet at Mill Hill Broadway (Me via train, everyone else by car)
Go from there to fav restaurant (and see if this time they might have raspberries…which of course they didn’t)
Then on to Wembley!

So naturally my train decided not to bother running on Saturday. And National Rail decided not to bother putting this on the internet. So I turn up at train station (having checked on net and bought tickets early) and…no trains!!

Luckily after some nifty texting it was all sorted and I met Millie et al and then…BG was a little car sick…all over her jeans:S Poor thing!! So quick pit stop to sort that out, dinner (with overly crispy chicken but very good Woo woo!!) off to buy clean jeans and then finally to the car park…in a school!

Sat nav then had great fun trying to direct us right through buildings, but eventually we found the right place, parked up, wandered down (just head towards the distinctive arch) bought Tshirts and found seats…just in time to miss both support acts!!


I generally wouldn’t be annoyed by this, I can never normally remember or afterwards find any support acts I’ve previously seen. But that day it was Frank Turner! Who I love! Saw him at reading a couple of years back and have been singing along to him ever since. I really enjoyed seeing him on a smaller scale where it feels friendly, intimate even I guess, but I was looking forward to seeing how he’d fare on the big stage!

O well, Green Day more than made up for it! They were brilliant. Did all their best tracks from the new album, all my favs from American Idiot and some old time ones I love! They also had a go at a few covers, annoyingly only singing snippits of each!! We wanted more!!

They were great at the whole 'audience participation' thign too, dragging people onto stage (and generally getting hugged and snogged int he process) and getting everyone to sing along (and I was surprised to fidn that I still know most of the lyrics!)

So now I’m still wandering around in my Green Day top signing along to Jesus of Suburbia …it’s a good job people here know I’m a little odd.

1 comment: