Sunday 22 August 2010

Odd knitters...

I’ve finally finished knitting my second sock! And after only six months!! Not much of an achievement I know, especially given the state of the knitting. I mean neither sock is perfect with one too short and one with a really odd heel…but I think I may just about have worked the kinks out of the ‘pattern’ (or bits and pieces of advice randomly worked into some form of knitting) so that next time may also not be perfect…but should definitely be better.

So 6 months from now is about Christmas right? Ok random family and friends of Odd Bob, if for Christmas you get a prezzies from me about the size and shape of a pair of badly knitted socks…just smile and pretend that you love them! I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it eventually.


Until then I’ve decided to celebrate by hunting out photos of odd knitters, just look who I found:

Cary Grant:


I just love the look of concentration:P

Audrey Hepburn:


Looking a lot more elegant.

Franklin D Roosevelt:


Somehow I can’t imagine Bush or Obama knitting.

And my favourite, Dave Lister (aka Craig Charles):


Rewatched this episode vaguely recently and was amused to note that whilst he does seem to have half finished knitting in his hands throughout the scene he never actually does any knitting…

This may just have inspired me to get started on sock number 3…wish me luck:)

4 comments:

  1. I would be honoured to receive a sock (or two)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd better get knitting then!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sock number three?

    Most people stop at two and then start another pair. You must have some strange friends ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well sock number 1 was too short, sock number 2 has a gammy heel so I'm finishing up the ball of wool on sock number 3 to correct the pattern.

    Have just about finished (both sock and wool) and this sock seems to be doing OK!

    Next step: use lovely new wook to make actual pairs of perfect (or um at least vaguelly sock-shaped) socks!

    ReplyDelete